Saturday, January 28, 2012

Camping trip and Back to School for 2012

We went camping from the 14th-21st January.Just hubby and I and the 2 little boys.This year we had my bil/sil site and was across from where the community tent is.I'll admit I was really looking forward to camping but nervous at being around so many ppl and didn't know know how I would cope with my anxiety.As every year my husbands mother's side of the family go camping at this location.Aunts/uncles/cousins ect..This break was exactly what I needed,to get away and to relax.For the first 5 days I was overwhelmed and did suffer from my anxiety,too many ppl..so I kept to myself and socialized by night.I took my meds/valium when I felt the anxiety coming on and couldn't take it anymore,I took my daytime sleep.By the 6&7 day,I didn't need to take the Valium and socialized more as some of the relies had packed up and gone home.Smaller groups I can do.It wasn't hard to notice when I need a sleep from others,and Steve see's the signs straight away,and tells me I either need a sleep or to have some time to myself and go for a walk.Steve was wonderful and completely did everything while we were camping.Proud of he's insight to depression and anxiety now.It means a lot when rellies ask how Tyler is going,or notice if he seems a little off.If you sincerely seem to care about my children and especially Tyler,you will quickly take a place in my heart<3,since we've been home from camping my anxiety is a lot better.I haven't needed to take any more Valium,I've stopped my daytime sleep,although I must admit I'm pushing myself not to sleep,now its a tiredness I feel instead of exhaustion.But hence I am up at 5am,I wont say I'm doing 2 gym classes 4 days a week and 1 hr sessions 2 days a week.I do feel up to it,but at the same time I am trying to be careful I don't exhaust myself,if I see the signs I will have to slow it down.My energy levels are back and my fitness is coming back.I'm hoping in a month I will fully have my fitness level back to where I was at.I'm getting to bed early so I'm getting enough sleep,I feel ready to have my goals back in place and this year finally get to my end goal.I gained 3.5kg in the week from camping...:( was not happy but when your drinking and eating crap that's what it does..Working hard this week I know it seems impossible but I have dropped 3.3kg,back to calorie counting as well.I'm seeing the psychologist once a week,which really does help.Another drs appointment coming up soon to check in and I will have to have another blood test to check on my kidneys as last test showed them as being stressed.

My babies are all back to school,except my eldest daughter.She's finished grade 12,her goals are to get her provisional licence first.She is working and slowly getting more hours.Its pretty tough becoming an adult and to know what you want to do with your life.Its hard to believe my girl will be turning 18 in a matter of mnths.Lachlan started grade 11 on the Tuesday this week,so he got an extra day at home after 8 weeks of school holidays.Micayla Started grade 8 on the Monday,she was pretty excited and is loving being at highschool.She is already proving that she does indeed have organizational skills,where she has always lacked in.Tyler and Kayden started back also on the Monday in grade 3 and Prep!!!

Tyler~He's meds are well and truly working now(Prozac) I'd have to say I am happy with hes dosage and I wont be increasing it at this point.He is a lot calmer,and he knows why he is taking it and he can see he's own aggression in himself.So our plan is 12 mnths and he will be seeing a private psychologist this year to learn coping skills.This year Tyler has to learn more independence at school,he needs to walk himself up the stairs to the classroom in the mornings,that we haven't mastered yet as Dad had last week off,which was wonderful for the boys first week back.Tyler's had a good week,has been calm I'm told.But at school it has never been a problem.Tyler has a relieving teacher for the first 3 weeks,which the school was wonderful and rang and notified us the weekend before school went back,from both the principal and learning support teacher.Tyler dosent like hes school clothes,as they hurt hes skin,so he dosent like school for that reason.He has taken all he's cover of hes school books,sensory..dosent like them.Which is fine,you accept anything when your child lives in a sensory world.Afternoons he does get easily agitated,to be expected though.I must say he did have a lovely break, a break without rules and structure and enjoyed being a normal child.This will be implemented during holidays.Tyler turns 8 next week,he is growing into a young man,we'd better start organizing what he has planned.Not much time from school goes back to hes birthday.

Kayden~My baby is at full time prep now..:(-:) lol,mixed feelings.He will be 5 next month where has that time gone!!!Kayden is adjusting well to school and it is huge esp with the new curriculum,there is alot expected from them and some are just not ready.I think Kayden is ready,its hard for him being away from me and once he starts making friends it will get easier,plus there are other issues going on that makes he's day a little harder.I've had a meeting with the speech and occupational therapist,a interview with the occupational therapist,assessment is made for this Wednesday where we will know more.Kayden has low muscle tone in he's hands and arms and struggles with he's fine motor skills,he needs support in the class room.My feelings on this..its manageable and we can deal with it,compared to Tyler its only a little hiccup,we will be doing alot of fine motor activities at home to help and try and build hes strength and it will have to be done everyday..I'm trying not to be hard on myself for not seeing it,afterall we have Tyler with low muscle tone..How did i miss this,i picked up on Kayden sensory quirks and were keeping an eye on those(as hes not old enough to filter them out)But i have been told i'm not a teacher or therapist,i'm a mum so i'm not expected to pick it up.(where Tyler's were hes legs,arms and neck)To most ppl you wouldn't pick it up,you dont really see it in hes day to day life,but when he is totally relaxed you can feel the lack of tone a little,just noticeable when hes doing fine motor tasks.This week i will find out hopefully my answer,if he has low muscle tone like Tyler has for life or he has it because he hasn't developed properly.Maybe its something genetic,we've gone through hes history..full term pregnancy,fed well,hes been healthy,milestones were early.He's file will go to the therapists meeting this Tuesday,they are feeling optimistic,as hes on a waiting list but as he's at prep and needs help straight away.Kayden has already told me im not allowed to kiss or cuddle him at school,so the other kids dont see...lol,dont wanna embarrass him!!Hes little saying this week is,boys hate girls and girls hate boys lol

Both the boys started swimming this week.Tyler did well for he's first session back,didnt zone out too many times.Kayden seemed nervous but he was a pro,loved the water and did everything he was told to.He's instructor(also Tylers)said he'll move him up but not too quickly coz of hes age,but next term he can go into mainstream classes.

Tan Xoxo

1 comment: